La Toya Jackson Tapped as Co-Host of 'The View'
While regular host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is taking a maternity leave, some celebrities will fill in for her job on "The View". The latest to be confirmed is La Toya Jackson, who may generate an interest about herself since the death of her brother, Michael Jackson, only occurred two months ago. She is scheduled to co-host on the September 16 and 18 episodes.
Hasselbeck gave birth to her third child, a boy, on August 9 and she gets to spend time with her new son up until mid October. "The View" which is kicked off on September 8 will thus present different celebrities each week while she's away. One of the earliest ones would be Meghan McCain, aka the daughter of former presidential candidate John McCain, who will take over on September 9 and 10.
Taking the baton from Meghan in the relay is Victoria Adams who will appear on September 14. The former Spice Girls member has been making TV appearances in the U.S. lately with her "American Idol" guest judge stint slated to air in early 2010.
Kathy Griffin who has been banned and re-banned from the show will also become a substitute on September 19.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story