La Toya Jackson Tapped as Co-Host of 'The View'
While regular host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is taking a maternity leave, some celebrities will fill in for her job on "The View". The latest to be confirmed is La Toya Jackson, who may generate an interest about herself since the death of her brother, Michael Jackson, only occurred two months ago. She is scheduled to co-host on the September 16 and 18 episodes.
Hasselbeck gave birth to her third child, a boy, on August 9 and she gets to spend time with her new son up until mid October. "The View" which is kicked off on September 8 will thus present different celebrities each week while she's away. One of the earliest ones would be Meghan McCain, aka the daughter of former presidential candidate John McCain, who will take over on September 9 and 10.
Taking the baton from Meghan in the relay is Victoria Adams who will appear on September 14. The former Spice Girls member has been making TV appearances in the U.S. lately with her "American Idol" guest judge stint slated to air in early 2010.
Kathy Griffin who has been banned and re-banned from the show will also become a substitute on September 19.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts