Video Premiere: Asher Roth's 'She Don't Want a Man'
Asher Roth has debuted a music video for his new single "She Don't Want a Man", sharing screen with his collaborator Keri Hilson. In the Jonathan Lia-directed video, Asher and Keri hit the club and boogie down the floor along with the other partygoers. At the end of the video, Asher is kicked out of the club by two guards.
"This is a real party; it's not one of those fake video parties," Asher told MTV about the scenes he and Keri shot for the video. "A lot of the scenes are back and forth, boys versus girls. [It's] a girl-empowerment song. Letting the girls do their thing and have fun and just boogie and not have us be all over them. But we still chase after some booty, you know?"
Commenting on how it feels working with Keri, Asher said, "Keri is an absolute honor to have around. She's a beauty. She's so cool. For those who don't know her, she's legitimately a great human being. So we're just happy to hang out. We're all buddies, we get along, and we're lucky to be in a situation where we can be ourselves and rock with our friends and shoot videos that get to be on MTV."
"She Don't Want a Man" is taken from Asher Roth's major-label debut album "Asleep in the Bread Aisle" which has been in stores since April.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences