David Cook Considers Naming His Band The Anthemic
In a recent interview with Darren Ferraira of KHOP 95.1 in Modesto, California, David Cook reveals what he has in mind regarding the name of his band. "I think the name of the band we're going to go with ... the one we're thinking of is ... The Anthemic, David Cook and The Anthemic," he said.
"It's an anthem, it's epic, it's big. That's what I feel the band has the potential to be, it's where we want to go," the champion of "American Idol" season 7 explained the reason of listing The Anthemic as a possible name for his band. "We tried for months for band names, and it's the one we're shooting for at the moment."
David Cook has dropped his eponymous major-label album "David Cook" in 2008. Its latest single "Permanent", which is dedicated to his brother Adam who died earlier this year due to brain cancer, was released in May as a charity track.
As for now, David is traveling across U.S. for a roadshow. His next stops include South Dakota, Oregon, Michigan and many more. During the gig, he said he has started working on new materials for his next effort. "We kind of noodle around out here on the road. Actually yesterday we noodled around at sound check and probably for the first time put a whole song together. But it will be good to get into a studio (in 2010) and really get to work," he said.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show