David Cook Considers Naming His Band The Anthemic
In a recent interview with Darren Ferraira of KHOP 95.1 in Modesto, California, David Cook reveals what he has in mind regarding the name of his band. "I think the name of the band we're going to go with ... the one we're thinking of is ... The Anthemic, David Cook and The Anthemic," he said.
"It's an anthem, it's epic, it's big. That's what I feel the band has the potential to be, it's where we want to go," the champion of "American Idol" season 7 explained the reason of listing The Anthemic as a possible name for his band. "We tried for months for band names, and it's the one we're shooting for at the moment."
David Cook has dropped his eponymous major-label album "David Cook" in 2008. Its latest single "Permanent", which is dedicated to his brother Adam who died earlier this year due to brain cancer, was released in May as a charity track.
As for now, David is traveling across U.S. for a roadshow. His next stops include South Dakota, Oregon, Michigan and many more. During the gig, he said he has started working on new materials for his next effort. "We kind of noodle around out here on the road. Actually yesterday we noodled around at sound check and probably for the first time put a whole song together. But it will be good to get into a studio (in 2010) and really get to work," he said.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?