David Cook Considers Naming His Band The Anthemic
In a recent interview with Darren Ferraira of KHOP 95.1 in Modesto, California, David Cook reveals what he has in mind regarding the name of his band. "I think the name of the band we're going to go with ... the one we're thinking of is ... The Anthemic, David Cook and The Anthemic," he said.
"It's an anthem, it's epic, it's big. That's what I feel the band has the potential to be, it's where we want to go," the champion of "American Idol" season 7 explained the reason of listing The Anthemic as a possible name for his band. "We tried for months for band names, and it's the one we're shooting for at the moment."
David Cook has dropped his eponymous major-label album "David Cook" in 2008. Its latest single "Permanent", which is dedicated to his brother Adam who died earlier this year due to brain cancer, was released in May as a charity track.
As for now, David is traveling across U.S. for a roadshow. His next stops include South Dakota, Oregon, Michigan and many more. During the gig, he said he has started working on new materials for his next effort. "We kind of noodle around out here on the road. Actually yesterday we noodled around at sound check and probably for the first time put a whole song together. But it will be good to get into a studio (in 2010) and really get to work," he said.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date