David Cook Considers Naming His Band The Anthemic
In a recent interview with Darren Ferraira of KHOP 95.1 in Modesto, California, David Cook reveals what he has in mind regarding the name of his band. "I think the name of the band we're going to go with ... the one we're thinking of is ... The Anthemic, David Cook and The Anthemic," he said.
"It's an anthem, it's epic, it's big. That's what I feel the band has the potential to be, it's where we want to go," the champion of "American Idol" season 7 explained the reason of listing The Anthemic as a possible name for his band. "We tried for months for band names, and it's the one we're shooting for at the moment."
David Cook has dropped his eponymous major-label album "David Cook" in 2008. Its latest single "Permanent", which is dedicated to his brother Adam who died earlier this year due to brain cancer, was released in May as a charity track.
As for now, David is traveling across U.S. for a roadshow. His next stops include South Dakota, Oregon, Michigan and many more. During the gig, he said he has started working on new materials for his next effort. "We kind of noodle around out here on the road. Actually yesterday we noodled around at sound check and probably for the first time put a whole song together. But it will be good to get into a studio (in 2010) and really get to work," he said.
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right