BET to Give Canceled Show 'The Game' a Second Life
It is not the end of "The Game". The sport comedy drama that was excluded by The CW in its Fall line-up may be picked up by cable channel BET. According to The Hollywood Reporter, talks are undergoing between BET and CBS Studios that produces the show, to order another season.
The talks are still "preliminary" and should they go through then CBS Studios must make new pacts with the original actors because the deal with them have lapsed. BET itself has been running the repeats of "Game" and the show it was stemming from, "Girlfriends". The last time the cable channel has ordered an original scripted series would be in 2008 when "Somebodies" ran for one season only.
Back in July, a source from BET said they were planning to save "The Game" and to restore its half-hour comedy format. The only problem lying ahead was the licensing fee issues which are "very complicated".
"The Game" is starring Tia Mowry, Pooch Hall and Wendy Raquel Robinson. The idea to revive the show for a fourth season reportedly came from these actors.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa