'X-Files 3' Said to Be in the Works
"The X-Files: I Want to Believe" may have failed to deliver back in 2008, but it looks like the disappointing result doesn't stop filmmakers from planning another "X-Files" movie. According to Croatian website Dnevnik.hr, leading actress Gillian Anderson has addressed the chances of the third "X-Files" being materialized.
In an indirect quote, the site reported that Anderson said the third film is in early stages and should be filmed by 2012. The 41-year-old reportedly suggested the matter to the media and the audience at the last press conference of the 15th Sarajevo Film Festival after revealing that she would love to reprise her role as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully for "X-Files 3".
While none has been confirmed or denied, Bloody-Disgusting (BD) claimed that "there is in fact talk about doing another" movie. The site went further with its report that there is also "talk of a REBOOT". Nonetheless, BD stressed that nothing has been set in stone just yet and all of the reports should be "taken as rumor until confirmed".
In late 2008, producer Frank Spotnitz revealed that the development of the third "X-Files" film may depend on the DVD sales of "The X-Files: I Want to Believe". "I think there very well could be more in the future," he told BD at the time. "...When the studio looks at the sales of the DVD that's when they will really decide to see if its worth risking."
Upon its release on July 25, 2008, "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" debuted fourth at the North American box office behind "The Dark Knight" and "Step Brothers". The movie that teams up once again David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson raked in nearly $21 million in the domestic market and $68.4 million worldwide.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens