'The Simpsons' Get Angolan Makeover in New Ad
In order to merge well with the new audience, family members of "The Simpsons" have been turned darker. Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart and Maggie all went through a transformation from being yellow to dark brown in the ad by Angola's TV station Bue. Below the family's couch is the tagline "The Simpsons Now in Angola".
The makeover was made by an ad agency calling themselves Executive Center which base is in the Republic of Angola, a country in south central Africa. Despite the new African look, the dysfunctional family will still be seen in yellow when the show finally premieres via DStv next month.
"The Simpsons", one of the longest running primetime series, is broadcast in more than 90 countries and has been dubbed into more than 45 languages. In the U.S., the show is entering its 20th season on September 27.
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Coldplay will be animated in an episode but only vocalist Chris Martin gets a speaking role. Homer invites the band to his house in Springfield after he wins a lottery. The band are forced to halt when Bart has to go to the bathroom.
More The Simpsons News
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance