The 16 Cast of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 9
Names of celebrities that will show their dancing skills on the upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars" have been revealed. Announced through "Good Morning America" on Monday, August 17, the line-up includes singer Kelly Osbourne and excludes designer Vera Wang.
Contrary to early rumors, Wang will not appear in this season, neither will Dean McDermott, Audrina Patridge and Lou Ferrigno. But the group is diverse in its own way because for the first time, it includes a former House Majority leader, Texan Congressman Tom DeLay.
One that has been said to join the cast and indeed got signed is Donny Osmond whose sister Marie Osmond competed in fifth season and finished third. Donny, in fact, was on hand to announce the names that would be his competitors on Monday. Similarly, Ashley Hamilton is following his father's footstep in competing for the disco ball. George Hamilton, a veteran actor, was in the second season and finished fifth.
Aaron Carter, the younger brother of Nick Carter, was also one of the names read out during the Monday announcement. He has a dance history in his career but he may receive a stiff competition from Mya who began her career as a professional dancer.
True to the show's nature, there's always a string of athletes. This time around are Olympic-winning swimmer Natalie Coughlin, former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin, snowboarder pro Louie Vito, and former Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight champ Chuck Liddell.
These stars will face a set of new challenges in the ninth season that begins airing on ABC September 21 at 8/7c.
- Kathy Ireland, 46, model
- Macy Gray, 41, singer
- Melissa Joan Hart, 33, actress
- Mya, 29, singer
- Ashley Hamilton, 34, actor-comedian
- Michael Irvin, 43, football player
- Mark Dacascos, 45, actor and martial artist
- Donny Osmond, 51, entertainer
- Kelly Osbourne, 24, singer
- Debi Mazar 45, actress
- Chuck Liddell, 39, UFC fighter
- Natalie Coughlin, 26, swimmer
- Joanna Krupa, 30, model
- Louie Vito, 21, snowboarder
- Aaron Carter, 21, singer
- Tom DeLay, 62, former House Majority leader
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'