Confirmed: No 'Ugly Betty' in Paula Abdul's Future
Paula Abdul won't be making a move to "Ugly Betty" after all. The Los Angeles Times reported ABC has confirmed exclusively on Sunday, August 16, that talks between the network and the former "American Idol" judge have fallen apart, resulting in her out from the guest stars' list of the comedy drama series' season four.
Following the confirmation, TMZ came up with speculation on one of the reasons behind the talk break-down, pointing out that Paula still thinks there's a chance she'll return to "Idol". Going further with another speculation, the site suggested that the 47-year-old was upset at the series' producers for leaking the news she was talking to them about doing the show.
Days earlier, Paula Abdul has been reported to be in talks with the Alphabet to have a guest star appearance in the fourth season of "Ugly Betty". For her TV role, she was expected to portray a new temp at Mode, who will bond with the company's secretary, Becki Newton's Amanda Sommers.
As for Paula joining "Dancing with the Stars", TMZ has shot down the possibility as well. "She doesn't want to do 'Dancing with the Stars' - we're told, in no small part, because she wants to be able to jump on a plane on a moment's notice to rejoin her fellow judges on 'Idol,' " so the site wrote.
Moved to Friday slot, "Ugly Betty" will premiere its fourth season for two hours on October 9. The new season will see "America's Next Top Model" cycle 3 alumna Yaya Dacosta taking over Jowharah Jones for the role of Nico. The character is the daughter of Vanessa Williams' Wilhelmina.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones