Confirmed: No 'Ugly Betty' in Paula Abdul's Future
Paula Abdul won't be making a move to "Ugly Betty" after all. The Los Angeles Times reported ABC has confirmed exclusively on Sunday, August 16, that talks between the network and the former "American Idol" judge have fallen apart, resulting in her out from the guest stars' list of the comedy drama series' season four.
Following the confirmation, TMZ came up with speculation on one of the reasons behind the talk break-down, pointing out that Paula still thinks there's a chance she'll return to "Idol". Going further with another speculation, the site suggested that the 47-year-old was upset at the series' producers for leaking the news she was talking to them about doing the show.
Days earlier, Paula Abdul has been reported to be in talks with the Alphabet to have a guest star appearance in the fourth season of "Ugly Betty". For her TV role, she was expected to portray a new temp at Mode, who will bond with the company's secretary, Becki Newton's Amanda Sommers.
As for Paula joining "Dancing with the Stars", TMZ has shot down the possibility as well. "She doesn't want to do 'Dancing with the Stars' - we're told, in no small part, because she wants to be able to jump on a plane on a moment's notice to rejoin her fellow judges on 'Idol,' " so the site wrote.
Moved to Friday slot, "Ugly Betty" will premiere its fourth season for two hours on October 9. The new season will see "America's Next Top Model" cycle 3 alumna Yaya Dacosta taking over Jowharah Jones for the role of Nico. The character is the daughter of Vanessa Williams' Wilhelmina.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie