TNT's 'Saving Grace' Coming to an End Next Summer
The running time of "Saving Grace" has wound down and will officially come to a halt next summer. TNT has ordered three additional episodes on top of the original 15 so that producers can wrap it up with the second part of season 3 consisting of final nine episodes.
After the second season last summer, TNT put the order for 15 episodes which will be split into two. The first nine are the ones currently airing on the cable, and the rest are supposed to go in the winter. With the three extra episodes, the series can have another half season which serves as the ending for the whole drama.
The reason for ending the series is based on the financial problem, which is a factor since "Grace" puts A-list actress Holly Hunter in the lead. It was, however, not the case of rating because the series' performance is satisfyingly averaging 3.5 million viewers this summer.
"It's been a fantastic beacon for the network, which has both challenged and entertained viewers in ways few other shows on television ever dare," TNT programming chief Michael Wright said.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child