'Poltergeist' Remake Locks 2010 Date
"Poltergeist", a remake to '80s horror movie, is yet to cast its stars, but it has secured a release date. According to Shock Till You Drop, the remake film will be coming out in theaters during Thanksgiving weekend of 2010 as MGM picked November 24, 2010 as the day the studio will release the new horror film.
The locked date placed "Poltergeist" in competition with Screen Gems' drama musical starring Christina Aguilera, "Burlesque". Though when MGM plans to debut the film in U.S. theaters has been unraveled, no other detail on the possible cast ensemble and on when and where the filmmakers are planning to shoot the remake project is disclosed.
This remake is set to relive the horror of the classic 1982 scary movie from notable filmmaker Steven Spielberg. MGM has signed a pair of "Boogeyman" screenwriters, Juliet Snowden and Stiles White, to make some reworks on the reboot project's script. "House of Sand and Fog" helmer Vadim Perelman is attached to direct.
Considerably one of the most scariest movies ever made, the original "Poltergeist" tells the creepy story of a family home being haunted by a band of ghosts. Though firstly the spirits appear to be friendly, they soon turn evil putting the family in constant fear and eventually kidnap the family's youngest daughter. Directed by Tobe Hooper, it stars Heather O'Rourke and Dominique Dunne among others.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby