'Poltergeist' Remake Locks 2010 Date
"Poltergeist", a remake to '80s horror movie, is yet to cast its stars, but it has secured a release date. According to Shock Till You Drop, the remake film will be coming out in theaters during Thanksgiving weekend of 2010 as MGM picked November 24, 2010 as the day the studio will release the new horror film.
The locked date placed "Poltergeist" in competition with Screen Gems' drama musical starring Christina Aguilera, "Burlesque". Though when MGM plans to debut the film in U.S. theaters has been unraveled, no other detail on the possible cast ensemble and on when and where the filmmakers are planning to shoot the remake project is disclosed.
This remake is set to relive the horror of the classic 1982 scary movie from notable filmmaker Steven Spielberg. MGM has signed a pair of "Boogeyman" screenwriters, Juliet Snowden and Stiles White, to make some reworks on the reboot project's script. "House of Sand and Fog" helmer Vadim Perelman is attached to direct.
Considerably one of the most scariest movies ever made, the original "Poltergeist" tells the creepy story of a family home being haunted by a band of ghosts. Though firstly the spirits appear to be friendly, they soon turn evil putting the family in constant fear and eventually kidnap the family's youngest daughter. Directed by Tobe Hooper, it stars Heather O'Rourke and Dominique Dunne among others.
More Poltergeist News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident