Heath Ledger's 'Imaginarium' Finds Stateside Distributor
Following the release of its international trailer a week earlier, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" is reportedly close to have a U.S. buyer. According to Variety, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group is in advanced talks to pick up this fantasy drama that features Heath Ledger's last performance.
The Sony group is said to have planned to release "Imaginarium" theatrically this year through Sony Pictures Classics. The trade further claimed that the deal with Sony "has long been in the works and could be made official this week". Nonetheless, representatives, including sales agent John Sloss, kept tight lips on the deal.
In early 2008, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" has been put in a jeopardy when its leading actor, Ledger, was found dead in his apartment while the production was still halfway through. But with the joining of Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law in place of the late actor's vacant role, it has since been pushed forward.
Set in the present day, this drama fantasy tells the story of Dr Parnassus and his extraordinary traveling show, Imaginarium. Making deals with the devil long time ago which gives him immortality, he is cursed with a dark secret that jeopardizes his daughter's freedom. Desperate to protect his daughter from her impending fate, he must now find a man that will help him undo the mistakes of his past once and for all.
It comes from "The Brothers Grimm" director, Terry Gilliam. Christopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Lily Cole, Andrew Garfield and Verne Troyer are among the cast ensemble.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed