LL Cool J Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Billie Jean Dream'
Rapper LL Cool J has a new song called "Billie Jean Dream" which is a remix version to Michael Jackson's 1983 hit single "Billie Jean". He re-records the song to show his respect to the King of Pop who has become one of his major influences.
"After hearing the tragic news of Michael Jackson's death, the lyrics for the 'Billie Jean' remix came to me in a dream," LL Cool J told Billboard. "Michael was one of my childhood idols and has always been a great inspiration to me."
LL Cool J is the latest musician who remembers Michael Jackson through a tribute song. Previously, P. Diddy, The Game, Usher, Chris Brown, Mario Winans and Boyz II Men crafted a track called "Better on the Other Side" to honor Michael. 50 Cent also dropped "Where Are You" and "Respect It or Check It" as tributes to the late singer.
LL Cool J's "Billie Jean Dream" is made available for free stream on his official blog where fans can also post their own tribute songs for the singer, who died on June 25.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie