LL Cool J Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Billie Jean Dream'
Rapper LL Cool J has a new song called "Billie Jean Dream" which is a remix version to Michael Jackson's 1983 hit single "Billie Jean". He re-records the song to show his respect to the King of Pop who has become one of his major influences.
"After hearing the tragic news of Michael Jackson's death, the lyrics for the 'Billie Jean' remix came to me in a dream," LL Cool J told Billboard. "Michael was one of my childhood idols and has always been a great inspiration to me."
LL Cool J is the latest musician who remembers Michael Jackson through a tribute song. Previously, P. Diddy, The Game, Usher, Chris Brown, Mario Winans and Boyz II Men crafted a track called "Better on the Other Side" to honor Michael. 50 Cent also dropped "Where Are You" and "Respect It or Check It" as tributes to the late singer.
LL Cool J's "Billie Jean Dream" is made available for free stream on his official blog where fans can also post their own tribute songs for the singer, who died on June 25.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture