LL Cool J Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Billie Jean Dream'
Rapper LL Cool J has a new song called "Billie Jean Dream" which is a remix version to Michael Jackson's 1983 hit single "Billie Jean". He re-records the song to show his respect to the King of Pop who has become one of his major influences.
"After hearing the tragic news of Michael Jackson's death, the lyrics for the 'Billie Jean' remix came to me in a dream," LL Cool J told Billboard. "Michael was one of my childhood idols and has always been a great inspiration to me."
LL Cool J is the latest musician who remembers Michael Jackson through a tribute song. Previously, P. Diddy, The Game, Usher, Chris Brown, Mario Winans and Boyz II Men crafted a track called "Better on the Other Side" to honor Michael. 50 Cent also dropped "Where Are You" and "Respect It or Check It" as tributes to the late singer.
LL Cool J's "Billie Jean Dream" is made available for free stream on his official blog where fans can also post their own tribute songs for the singer, who died on June 25.
More LL Cool J News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo