LL Cool J Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Billie Jean Dream'
Rapper LL Cool J has a new song called "Billie Jean Dream" which is a remix version to Michael Jackson's 1983 hit single "Billie Jean". He re-records the song to show his respect to the King of Pop who has become one of his major influences.
"After hearing the tragic news of Michael Jackson's death, the lyrics for the 'Billie Jean' remix came to me in a dream," LL Cool J told Billboard. "Michael was one of my childhood idols and has always been a great inspiration to me."
LL Cool J is the latest musician who remembers Michael Jackson through a tribute song. Previously, P. Diddy, The Game, Usher, Chris Brown, Mario Winans and Boyz II Men crafted a track called "Better on the Other Side" to honor Michael. 50 Cent also dropped "Where Are You" and "Respect It or Check It" as tributes to the late singer.
LL Cool J's "Billie Jean Dream" is made available for free stream on his official blog where fans can also post their own tribute songs for the singer, who died on June 25.
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer