'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Sequel in Early Development
Hugh Jackman has talked about how far the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is. The actor who portrayed the metal-clawed mutant Wolverine in the "X-Men" series uncovered during his appearance at the 11th Annual Teen Choice Awards on Sunday, August 9 that early work has begun for "Wolverine 2".
The Nicole Kidman's co-star in "Australia" confessed on the matter when MTV caught up with him backstage after he received a surfboard for being voted Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure. "Japan is where we're heading, [and] we're starting to work on it now," the 40-year-old actor stated. "We're in ... the first steps of developing that story."
Opening up about his thought on another "Wolverine" movie, Jackman said, "I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories." He, in addition, noted that he has been crossing fingers to be able to get to the roots of the mutant character's story. He said, "That's a movie I've longed to make from the beginning, so that's where we're heading."
Back in May, it was reported that both 20th Century Fox and Seed Productions partners, Hugh Jackman and John Palermo, have begun planning the follow-up movie to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" after the movie had a successful run at the box office over its first weekend. Its story is said to be focused on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, which sees Wolverine fighting samurais and ninjas while on the trail of his love.
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title