'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Sequel in Early Development
Hugh Jackman has talked about how far the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is. The actor who portrayed the metal-clawed mutant Wolverine in the "X-Men" series uncovered during his appearance at the 11th Annual Teen Choice Awards on Sunday, August 9 that early work has begun for "Wolverine 2".
The Nicole Kidman's co-star in "Australia" confessed on the matter when MTV caught up with him backstage after he received a surfboard for being voted Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure. "Japan is where we're heading, [and] we're starting to work on it now," the 40-year-old actor stated. "We're in ... the first steps of developing that story."
Opening up about his thought on another "Wolverine" movie, Jackman said, "I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories." He, in addition, noted that he has been crossing fingers to be able to get to the roots of the mutant character's story. He said, "That's a movie I've longed to make from the beginning, so that's where we're heading."
Back in May, it was reported that both 20th Century Fox and Seed Productions partners, Hugh Jackman and John Palermo, have begun planning the follow-up movie to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" after the movie had a successful run at the box office over its first weekend. Its story is said to be focused on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, which sees Wolverine fighting samurais and ninjas while on the trail of his love.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival