'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Sequel in Early Development
Hugh Jackman has talked about how far the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" is. The actor who portrayed the metal-clawed mutant Wolverine in the "X-Men" series uncovered during his appearance at the 11th Annual Teen Choice Awards on Sunday, August 9 that early work has begun for "Wolverine 2".
The Nicole Kidman's co-star in "Australia" confessed on the matter when MTV caught up with him backstage after he received a surfboard for being voted Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure. "Japan is where we're heading, [and] we're starting to work on it now," the 40-year-old actor stated. "We're in ... the first steps of developing that story."
Opening up about his thought on another "Wolverine" movie, Jackman said, "I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories." He, in addition, noted that he has been crossing fingers to be able to get to the roots of the mutant character's story. He said, "That's a movie I've longed to make from the beginning, so that's where we're heading."
Back in May, it was reported that both 20th Century Fox and Seed Productions partners, Hugh Jackman and John Palermo, have begun planning the follow-up movie to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" after the movie had a successful run at the box office over its first weekend. Its story is said to be focused on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, which sees Wolverine fighting samurais and ninjas while on the trail of his love.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!