Taylor Swift Wins Choice Female Artist at 2009 Teen Choice Awards
Winners for this year's Teen Choice Awards keep pouring in and Taylor Swift is among those walking home with a surfboard in music field. The country music singer is voted as Choice Music: Female Artist, beating Miley Cyrus, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Britney Spears.
Other musicians winning at the 11th annual event include Beyonce Knowles, Paramore, Jason Mraz and David Archuleta. Beyonce gets Choice Music: R&B Artist, Paramore receive Choice Music: Rock Group, Jason grabs Choice Music: Male Artist, and David is given Choice Music: Breakout Artist.
As for its special music award, Britney is honored with Ultimate Choice Award for her success, talent and extraordinary contributions to the music industry. The prize is presented by Miley who said she indeed is "a huge fan of hers." During her acceptance speech, Britney told the crowd, "You guys are awesome." She exited from the stage before then returning to the podium and said "Thank you and God bless."
2009 Teen Choice Awards is held at Universal Studios Hollywood's Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, Calif. This event will be aired on August 10 at 8 P.M. Eastern on FOX. Black Eyed Peas, Miley Cyrus, Sean Kingston rock the event. Jonas Brothers also sing in addition to making a hosting job.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Trangender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik
- 'American Idol' Winner Scotty McCreery Cited for Bringing Loaded Gun to Airport