Full Winners List of 2009 Kerrang! Awards, Slipknot Get Double Victories
Who took home prizes at this year's Kerrang! Awards have been announced at a gala ceremony held in London on August 3. Out of thirteen categories, Slipknot were the only band who walked home with more than one prize.
This rock band received two kudos at the annual awards. They were named Best International Band, winning over Green Day, Metallica, Madina Lake and Lamb of God. They also got Best Live Band title, beating Metallica, Enter Shikari, The Prodigy and Gallows.
"It feels really gratifying," frontman Corey Taylor, who co-hosted the event, told Kerrang! Magazine concerning their victories. "If there was ever a band that had to fight against controversy and misconception it was this band, and we're really starting to kind of get to the point where the respect is getting there - and rightly so. I can't think of many bands that have worked harder, and it really feels good that people are starting to turn around and really see what we're about and appreciating it for what it is."
"It feels really good to be where we're at right now," Corey continued sharing his thought post winning big at the awards. "And if I could, I would call every one The Maggots and personally thank them - but, I don't have a great long distance plan though!"
Though losing Best International and Best Live Band to Slipknot, Metallica still managed to snatch one nod, thanks to their album "Death Magnetic" which is named Best Album. "Thank you Kerrang! for this paperweight," drummer Lars Ulrich said. "And thank you to all the readers of Kerrang! for voting 'Death Magnetic' the Best Album!" Singer James Hetfield then added, "After 20 some odd years we're still kicking ass."
As for Bullet for My Valentine who were honored as Best British Band for the second time, they thanked fans through lead singer Matt Tuck. "We'd like to thank Kerrang! for giving us this award twice on the trot which is awesome," Matt stated. "Thanks to all our fans all around the world who voted for us."
Winners list of 2009 Kerrang! Awards:
- Best British Newcomer: In Case of Fire
- Best International Newcomer: The Gaslight Anthem
- Best Single: The Prodigy's "Omen"
- Best Video: Mastodon's "Oblivion"
- Classic Songwriter: Linkin Park
- Spirit of Independence: The Wildhearts
- Icon: Alice in Chains
- Best Album: Metallica's "Death Magnetic"
- Best Live Band: Slipknot
- Inspiration: Machine Head
- Hall of Fame: Limp Bizkit
- Best British Band: Bullet for My Valentine
- Best International Band: Slipknot
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?