Liev Schreiber on Possibility Returning as Sabretooth
"Wolverine 2", a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", is being developed by 20th Century Fox and Seed Productions, but there is a chance that Liev Schreiber won't return to play Sabretooth. At "Taking Woodstock" junket, the Charles Townsend of "The Painted Veil" revealed that he is unsure whether he wants to reprise the role taking his age into consideration.
"I'm over 40 now, and do I really want to go through the physical stuff that it took to pull that off again? I'm not so sure," the life-partner of actress Naomi Watts explained as quoted by Cinema Blend. He added, "As an audience member, I'd be really interested to see how you'd go from the Liev Schreiber Victor Creed to the Tyler Mane Victor Creed [from X-Men]. So I'd like to see that."
In early May, it was reported that both 20th Century Fox and Seed Productions partners, Hugh Jackman and John Palermo, have begun planning "Wolverine 2". The follow-up movie is expected to focus its story on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series. One of the film's after-credits easter egg endings has hinted on the possible plot, presenting Logan drinking in a Japanese bar.
So far, no writer has been hired to pen the sequel, but "Slumdog Millionaire" scribe Simon Beaufoy had mentioned during an appearance at 2009 Bradford International Film Festival, which ran from March 13 to 28, that he had been approached.
41-year-old Liev Schreiber is a Tony Award-winning actor for his performance in the play "Glengarry Glen Ross". He has been involved in numerous feature projects, including "The Sum of All Fears", "The Manchurian Candidate", "Love in the Time of Cholera" and "Defiance". In "Taking Woodstock", he portrays as transvestite Vilma, a security guard/drag queen.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen