Full Winners List of 25th Annual TCA Awards
"The Big Bang Theory" successfully nabbed two prizes at the Television Critics Association Awards and became the show with most kudos. The CBS comedy, which misses an Emmy nomination for Best Comedy Series this year, took the top honor in comedy program as well as a nod for its leading star, Jim Parsons.
Although "Big Bang" brought home two, it was "Battlestar Galactica" that received the coveted prize. The SyFy series was named Program of the Year after airing its last season this midseason. "Battlestar" is the only show winning for SyFy.
Overall, it was HBO that claimed the most prizes in terms of networks. Its new series "True Blood" was given Outstanding New Program while its TV movie "Grey Gardens" and documentary "The Alzheimer's Project" also won in their respective fields.
The Association is comprised of more than 200 reporters and columnists in United States and Canada. In its 25th year, TCA Awards continues to recognize outstanding TV programs according to the critics' favor. It was held at The Langham, Huntington Hotel and Spa in Pasadena on August 1, but was not televised.
Full Winners List:
- Program of the Year: Battlestar Galactica (Syfy)
- Outstanding New Program: True Blood (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: Mad Men (AMC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
- Outstanding Achievement in News & Information: The Alzheimer's Project (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Children's Programming: Yo Gabba Gabba (Nickelodeon)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Mini-Series & Specials: Grey Gardens (HBO)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)
- Heritage Award: ER (NBC)
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'