Back for Summer 2010: 'True Blood', 'Hung' and 'Entourage'
HBO is pleased with its Sunday nights performance that the cable has renewed three shows occupying the time slot. During the TV Critics Association Tour in Pasadena, Calif., HBO's programming chief Michael Lombardo announced that "True Blood", "Hung" and "Entourage" will be seen again in summer 2010 with new episodes.
"True Blood" indeed achieved a stellar rating performance in the first season that it garnered 3.7 million viewers on the season 2 premiere, not mentioning the repeats and on-demand viewing that will bring the total up to 10 million viewers. "Hung", benefiting from the lead-in from "True Blood", also received a warm welcome on the series premiere. "Entourage", meanwhile, showed an increase in rating in the sixth season and thus is heading for the seventh.
In addition, HBO confirmed that "Curb Your Enthusiasm" will launch a 10-episode seventh season starting September 20 at 9/8c. The finale episode will feature a reunion of "Seinfeld" cast. Following that is comedy "Bored to Death" which stars Jason Schwartzman as an unlucky writer turning a private detective.
Lombardo also gave several updates on the other shows, namely "The Pacific", "Big Love" and "Treme". A mini series coming from the producers of "Band of Brothers", "Pacific" is likely to premiere in March. "Treme" is scheduled to air after "Pacific" wraps up while "Big Love" begins the fourth season in early 2010.
More HBO News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?