Back for Summer 2010: 'True Blood', 'Hung' and 'Entourage'
HBO is pleased with its Sunday nights performance that the cable has renewed three shows occupying the time slot. During the TV Critics Association Tour in Pasadena, Calif., HBO's programming chief Michael Lombardo announced that "True Blood", "Hung" and "Entourage" will be seen again in summer 2010 with new episodes.
"True Blood" indeed achieved a stellar rating performance in the first season that it garnered 3.7 million viewers on the season 2 premiere, not mentioning the repeats and on-demand viewing that will bring the total up to 10 million viewers. "Hung", benefiting from the lead-in from "True Blood", also received a warm welcome on the series premiere. "Entourage", meanwhile, showed an increase in rating in the sixth season and thus is heading for the seventh.
In addition, HBO confirmed that "Curb Your Enthusiasm" will launch a 10-episode seventh season starting September 20 at 9/8c. The finale episode will feature a reunion of "Seinfeld" cast. Following that is comedy "Bored to Death" which stars Jason Schwartzman as an unlucky writer turning a private detective.
Lombardo also gave several updates on the other shows, namely "The Pacific", "Big Love" and "Treme". A mini series coming from the producers of "Band of Brothers", "Pacific" is likely to premiere in March. "Treme" is scheduled to air after "Pacific" wraps up while "Big Love" begins the fourth season in early 2010.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection