Video Premiere: Shakira's 'She Wolf'
Shakira has brought to public a full music video for her new single "She Wolf". In the Jake Nava-directed video, the singer is seen performing some outrageous dance moves to show her "predatory sensuality."
"This woman starts a journey going into her own closet," Shakira explained to MTV about the video's concept. "She is in this surreal kind of world where other fun things happen. She's just having fun. And there is also this other metaphor of the cage - the golden cage and the woman."
"I just wanted to express what it feels like for a she-wolf to be in captivity. To be in a golden cage. I think I've been in a golden cage most of my life. And now not anymore," she continued. "I start doing all kinds of outrageous stuff and hanging upside down and doing stuff that wasn't planned. But it was kind of an improvisation. I just got caught in the moment."
"She Wolf" is set to be included in Shakira's upcoming new studio album of the same name "She Wolf". Commenting on the song, Shakira told Rolling Stone, "'She Wolf' came to me very mysteriously, I was in the studio in a bad mood that day, then I got inspired and went to a corner and I wrote the lyrics and the melody in 10 minutes. The image of the she wolf just came to my head, and when I least expected it I was howling and panting."
Shakira's "She Wolf" music video
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame