Video Premiere: Shakira's 'She Wolf'
Shakira has brought to public a full music video for her new single "She Wolf". In the Jake Nava-directed video, the singer is seen performing some outrageous dance moves to show her "predatory sensuality."
"This woman starts a journey going into her own closet," Shakira explained to MTV about the video's concept. "She is in this surreal kind of world where other fun things happen. She's just having fun. And there is also this other metaphor of the cage - the golden cage and the woman."
"I just wanted to express what it feels like for a she-wolf to be in captivity. To be in a golden cage. I think I've been in a golden cage most of my life. And now not anymore," she continued. "I start doing all kinds of outrageous stuff and hanging upside down and doing stuff that wasn't planned. But it was kind of an improvisation. I just got caught in the moment."
"She Wolf" is set to be included in Shakira's upcoming new studio album of the same name "She Wolf". Commenting on the song, Shakira told Rolling Stone, "'She Wolf' came to me very mysteriously, I was in the studio in a bad mood that day, then I got inspired and went to a corner and I wrote the lyrics and the melody in 10 minutes. The image of the she wolf just came to my head, and when I least expected it I was howling and panting."
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit