Sneak Peek: The Return of 'Jon and Kate Plus 8'
"Jon & Kate Plus 8" will be back with two all-new episodes this Monday, August 3 after a short break following Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin's separation. TLC has begun promoting the important episodes, giving a preview to the 'new chapter' as well as giving a sneak peek to the Monday episode.
The sneak peek shows Kate setting up a tent for her children to camp in. With Jon no longer around, Kate vows to do whatever she has not done before. "It is my new attitude that I'm going to do things I've never done before. If I've never grilled before, I'm gonna grill. If I've never camped before, I'm gonna camp," she stated. The preview, meanwhile, includes Jon.
The whole show's concept has to be altered to adjust the new situation. There will be no more interview couch where Jon and Kate usually addressed things together on. Instead, the estranged couple will have separate interview chairs. Also, Jon and Kate will be "separately parenting" their children.
On Thursday, July 30, TLC General Manager President Eileen O'Neill said at the Television Critics Association panel in Pasadena, Calif. that the decision to go on with the remaining 30 episodes came from the family. "It's the family's decision to be involved in the show," O'Neill said. "We want to stay with them as long as they want to stay with us." The network however, will not air episodes that are personal to them, including when Jon and Kate announced their split to their children.
"You'll see Jon struggle in the kitchen trying to make pizza for his kids," O'Neill spoke of what's coming. "You'll see what its like when Kate has to put a tent up for the first time for her kids, who love to camp in their backyard. And she gets a little advice from her daughter who doesn't think she does it quite as well as dad."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special