'The Fantastic Mr. Fox' to Open London Film Festival
Before going wide in the U.S., "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" will first pay a visit to the 53rd Times BFI London Film Festival for its first showing. On Monday, July 27, the festival's organizers made public that the first animated film from director Wes Anderson will be having its world premiere on the first night of the festival on October 14.
"Fantastic Mr. Fox is a British film - based on a Roald Dahl book, set in the UK, produced in the UK - and so I am especially pleased to have been invited to be the opening night movie of this year's London Film Festival," enthused Anderson. "We had a wonderful experience at the LFF with my previous film, and I am eagerly looking forward to introducing Fantastic Mr. Fox to the world in this wonderful venue."
Previously to USA Today, the director has shared that the Roald Dahl's book "was the first book I ever owned," adding "My brothers and I loved Mr. Fox and all the digging. We were obsessed with underground forts and tunnels." About Anderson's work on the movie, voice talent Jason Schwartzman said, "It's funny, but also visually beautiful. Instead of adapting his style of directing to animation, he brought animation to him. He made a Wes film."
"The Fantastic Mr. Fox" centers its story on the clever fox Mr. Fox who must outwit three mean, dimwitted farmers who try their hardest to hurt Mr. Fox and his family. In making the stop-motion film, director/producer/writer Wes Anderson has worked together with animator Mark Gustafson. 20th Century Fox plans to release the movie in U.S. theaters on November 13. Among those contributing for the characters' voices are George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Willem Dafoe.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer