Jillian Harris Picks Her Final Choice on 'Bachelorette'
Jillian Harris got her ring on the season finale of "The Bachelorette". The 29-year-old was proposed by technology consultant Ed Swiderski from Chicago and she said yes. Ed was the contestant who briefly left in the fifth week due to work commitment before realizing that Jillian was more important than his job and returning to pursue her love.
In winning Jillian's heart, Ed managed to beat not only one finalist but two other guys who showed up during the July 27 finale. Kiptyn, who was one of the last two standing persons in the show, was the first to get rejected. A teary-eyed Jillian told him that she was in love with Ed. Before being sent home with a limo, Kiptyn told Jillian, "You're an incredible woman and Ed's a lucky man," and they hugged.
The twist was the re-appearance of Reid who was sent home by Jillian in week 9. He came back to tell her that he was too foolish not to let her know his feeling. He then went down on one knee to propose to her, but Jillian pulled him up and said that she needed time to think. Distressed from the shocking upturn, Jillian cried and reluctantly told Reid that it was too late for him to change her heart.
Ed got the last turn, and he told her "You are everything I could ask for in a woman." He asked whether Jillian felt the same and she said, "There is no doubt in my mind that I am madly in love with you. I love you so much." Ed went down to propose to her and showed her the ring. "I want to be with you forever. I want a family with you. I want you to give me a hard time when we're 80 years old," Ed said before asking "Jillian, will you marry me?" Jillian answered, "Absolutely."
As usual, "After the Final Rose" ceremony will be aired July 28 at 10/9c to give viewers update on what happen between Jillian and Ed after the show was over.
More The Bachelorette News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses