'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra': New Clip, TV Spots and Featurette
Two weeks shy of its theatrical release, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" has got a brand new clip, two TV spots and a featurette released for viewing pleasure. The clip comes out courtesy of RTE Entertainment, while one of the TV spots is outed via StephenSommers.com and the featurette gets out via MSN.
The clip sees the scene where Dennis Quaid's General Hawk welcomes Channing Tatum's Duke and Marlon Wayans' Ripcord. It also features the footage in which Ripcord is trying to make his move on Rachel Nichols' Scarlett. Both of the made-for-television promos, on the other hand, focus more on the action the movie is offering.
Meanwhile, the featurette takes a closer look at the behind-the-scene footage of the Paris action sequence wherein the Joes are chasing a SUV carrying Sienna Miller's The Baroness and Lee Byung-Hun's Storm Shadow. The footage is filled with commentary from director Stephen Sommers who explains his vision on the chase sequence and on the Delta-6 Accelerator Suits.
Based on the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toy franchise, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is set ten years in the future and chronicling the rise of the Cobra Organization. It also revolves around Duke and Ripcord's introduction to the elite G.I. Joe team, and follows the team from the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps as they fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the Cobra in plunging the world into chaos.
Having "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" producer Stephen Sommers as the helmer, the action movie sees the likes of Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander and Christopher Eccleston as Destro among others. It is scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on August 7.
- TV Spot - No Remorse:
- TV Spot - Welcome:
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now