Ben Barnes' 'Dorian Gray' Welcomes Its International Teaser Trailer
A first look into horror thriller "Dorian Gray" has been made available for viewing pleasure through its international teaser trailer. The U.K. promotional video shares sneak peek into the dark side of the movie, and unleashes glimpses of Ben Barnes as Dorian Gray, Colin Firth as Lord Henry Wotton, Rebecca Hall as Emily Wotton and Ben Chaplin as Basil Hallward.
Making such an impression to artist Basil Hallward, naive Dorian Gray agrees to become Hallward's subject of a painting which captures the full power of his youthful beauty. Through the artist, he then meets Lord Henry Wotton and is introduced to a new hedonism which suggests the only things worth pursuing in life are beauty and fulfilment of the senses.
Realizing that his beauty and youth will eventually fade away, Dorian expresses to sell his soul to ensure that he remains in the same age he is in the Hallward's portrait. His wish is soon fullfiled, but as he is plunged deeper into debauched acts, the painting serves as a reminder of the effect each act has upon his soul and gradually reveals his inner ugliness to all.
Adapted from Oscar Wilde's 1891 novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray", "Dorian Gray" comes from Ealing Studios under the direction of Oliver Parker, the helmer of "St. Trinian's". It was shot in summer 2008 at Ealing Studios and locations across London. While a U.S. release date for this film is yet to be set, September 9 will be its theatrical release date in the United Kingdom.
"Dorian Gray" U.K. Teaser:
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event