Comic Con 2009: Elizabeth Mitchell Talks Juliet's Fate on 'Lost'
While attending the 2009 San Diego Comic Con as part of "Wonder Women: Female Power Icons in Pop Culture" segment on Thursday, July 23, Elizabeth Mitchell spared a time to talk about her show "Lost". Asked by the moderator whether her character Juliet will be back for the sixth season or not, the actress wouldn't give a definite answer but to say that it was "the cliffhanger".
"It really depends," Mitchell began. "I was talking to [producers] Damon [Lindeloff] and Carlton [Cuse], and they [told me], the best thing to say [here] is [that a return] depends on whether Jack's plan [to prevent the crash from ever happening] works or not." Her statement generated laughters from the audience.
Juliet was the last character seen on the season 5 finale of "Lost". She volunteered to go down the magnetic hole to blow up the island. And when the plan went wrong, she was desperately hitting on the bomb with a rock before the season ended with a white screen.
Elizabeth Mitchell was actually there in support of her new show "V" which is also on ABC. The new sci-fi series about aliens will start shooting in Vancouver while "Lost" retains its filming location in Hawaii. On Wednesday, July 22, there was a special screening of the series' pilot that brought in the best interest from the audience among two others ("Human Target" and "The Vampire Diaries").
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event