Comic Con 2009: Elizabeth Mitchell Talks Juliet's Fate on 'Lost'
While attending the 2009 San Diego Comic Con as part of "Wonder Women: Female Power Icons in Pop Culture" segment on Thursday, July 23, Elizabeth Mitchell spared a time to talk about her show "Lost". Asked by the moderator whether her character Juliet will be back for the sixth season or not, the actress wouldn't give a definite answer but to say that it was "the cliffhanger".
"It really depends," Mitchell began. "I was talking to [producers] Damon [Lindeloff] and Carlton [Cuse], and they [told me], the best thing to say [here] is [that a return] depends on whether Jack's plan [to prevent the crash from ever happening] works or not." Her statement generated laughters from the audience.
Juliet was the last character seen on the season 5 finale of "Lost". She volunteered to go down the magnetic hole to blow up the island. And when the plan went wrong, she was desperately hitting on the bomb with a rock before the season ended with a white screen.
Elizabeth Mitchell was actually there in support of her new show "V" which is also on ABC. The new sci-fi series about aliens will start shooting in Vancouver while "Lost" retains its filming location in Hawaii. On Wednesday, July 22, there was a special screening of the series' pilot that brought in the best interest from the audience among two others ("Human Target" and "The Vampire Diaries").
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding