Comic Con 2009: Elizabeth Mitchell Talks Juliet's Fate on 'Lost'
While attending the 2009 San Diego Comic Con as part of "Wonder Women: Female Power Icons in Pop Culture" segment on Thursday, July 23, Elizabeth Mitchell spared a time to talk about her show "Lost". Asked by the moderator whether her character Juliet will be back for the sixth season or not, the actress wouldn't give a definite answer but to say that it was "the cliffhanger".
"It really depends," Mitchell began. "I was talking to [producers] Damon [Lindeloff] and Carlton [Cuse], and they [told me], the best thing to say [here] is [that a return] depends on whether Jack's plan [to prevent the crash from ever happening] works or not." Her statement generated laughters from the audience.
Juliet was the last character seen on the season 5 finale of "Lost". She volunteered to go down the magnetic hole to blow up the island. And when the plan went wrong, she was desperately hitting on the bomb with a rock before the season ended with a white screen.
Elizabeth Mitchell was actually there in support of her new show "V" which is also on ABC. The new sci-fi series about aliens will start shooting in Vancouver while "Lost" retains its filming location in Hawaii. On Wednesday, July 22, there was a special screening of the series' pilot that brought in the best interest from the audience among two others ("Human Target" and "The Vampire Diaries").
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7