15 Minutes of 'Avatar' to Be Screened for Free
August 21 will be an "Avatar" day since on the particular day, as much as 15 minutes of the movie will be screened for free. The news came from director James Cameron toward the end of the film's panel at San Diego Comic Con 2009 on Thursday, July 23. He claimed the free fifteen minutes of Sam Worthington-starred film will be played in many 3-D theaters worldwide.
In the beginning of his announcement, Cameron stated that the free screenings are part of their marketing strategies. "We're going to do something unprecedented. It's a social marketing experiment," so the filmmaker suggested. He then added more info saying, "We're going to take over as many IMAX 3D theaters and other select 3D theaters worldwide on August 21 and we're going to let an international global audience come see 15 minutes of 'Avatar' for free. It's going to be Avatar day."
During the "Avatar" presentation, Cameron premiered a 24-minute footage of the sci-fi movie, previewing details of what the Avatars are and how they look like. The director also joined Tom Rothman, chairman of Fox Film Entertainment, and cast members, Sigourney Weaver, who portrayed Dr. Grace Augustine, and Zoe Saldana, who played Neytiri, for a Q&A session.
A sci-fi movie from 20th Century Fox, "Avatar" is produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau. The plot centers on a wounded ex-marine, who is thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, and eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. "Terminator Salvation" actor Sam Worthington and "Fast and Furious" star Michelle Rodriguez are among the cast of the movie which will be released in the U.S. on December 18.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab