Video: Nas Announcing the Birth of Son With Kelis
Undergoing a rather nasty divorce battle with estranged wife Kelis, apparently, won't stop Nas from sharing with the world the joy of welcoming their first child, a baby boy. In an online video recorded by Video Music Box Tuesday, July 21, the hip-hop performer announced, "My son is born today, so shout-out to my son, Knight".
On the same video clip, which was taken at a neighborhood party at the rapper's native Queensbridge Housing Projects, Nas was seen taking the stage to perform. He again took time to sound off his newborn son while at the same time also urged fans to avoid believing false media reports concerning his personal life.
He said, "My son's name is Knight. That's what I named the young God, Knight. Y'all heard it first. Don't believe nothing you hear in the media. I love y'all. Don't listen to that b*******. I love y'all, that's why I'm here."
No other detail of Knight has been made public though. The infant is the first child for Kelis and the second one for Nas. He has had one daughter, named Destiny, from a previous relationship.
Earlier Tuesday, TMZ ran an exclusive report claiming Kelis was in labor. At that time a representative for Nas confirmed, the music star had been "rushing to the hospital to be with" Kelis for the birth of the baby.
Nas and Kelis are currently undergoing divorce proceedings after more than four years of marriage. She filed for divorce from him in late April, citing irreconcilable differences. She is seeking spousal support and child support in addition to seeking the joint legal and physical custody of Knight.
More Nas News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group