Video: Nas Announcing the Birth of Son With Kelis
Undergoing a rather nasty divorce battle with estranged wife Kelis, apparently, won't stop Nas from sharing with the world the joy of welcoming their first child, a baby boy. In an online video recorded by Video Music Box Tuesday, July 21, the hip-hop performer announced, "My son is born today, so shout-out to my son, Knight".
On the same video clip, which was taken at a neighborhood party at the rapper's native Queensbridge Housing Projects, Nas was seen taking the stage to perform. He again took time to sound off his newborn son while at the same time also urged fans to avoid believing false media reports concerning his personal life.
He said, "My son's name is Knight. That's what I named the young God, Knight. Y'all heard it first. Don't believe nothing you hear in the media. I love y'all. Don't listen to that b*******. I love y'all, that's why I'm here."
No other detail of Knight has been made public though. The infant is the first child for Kelis and the second one for Nas. He has had one daughter, named Destiny, from a previous relationship.
Earlier Tuesday, TMZ ran an exclusive report claiming Kelis was in labor. At that time a representative for Nas confirmed, the music star had been "rushing to the hospital to be with" Kelis for the birth of the baby.
Nas and Kelis are currently undergoing divorce proceedings after more than four years of marriage. She filed for divorce from him in late April, citing irreconcilable differences. She is seeking spousal support and child support in addition to seeking the joint legal and physical custody of Knight.
More Nas News
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young