'Funny People' Goes to L.A. for World Premiere
Universal Pictures has presented "Funny People" through a world premiere event held Monday, July 20, evening. Making use of the ArcLight Hollywood in Los Angeles, California, the studio rolled out red carpet in front of the theater to welcome Hollywood stars attending the upcoming drama comedy's special screening.
Among the cast ensemble spotted arriving for the premiere were four of the major actors, Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Eric Bana and Leslie Mann. While Leslie dressed to impress and Seth and Eric suited up, leading actor and executive producer Adam walked along the red carpet in casual attire, wearing white T-shirt topped with an unbuttoned baby blue shirt and a pair of jeans.
All four of the actors were joined at the red carpet by other cast members that included Jonah Hill, Aubrey Plaza, Aziz Ansari and RZA. Writer/director/producer Judd Apatow was present for the special occasion as well and so did his and Leslie's two daughters, Iris Apatow and Maude Apatow, who played Leslie's on-screen daughters in the movie.
Actresses Anna Faris, Elizabeth Banks, Toni Collette and Rashida Jones as well as "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest were among the celebrity guests attending. Other stars coming for the premiere included Zachary Levi, Chris Rock, David Spade, Don Johnson, Garry Shandling, Jimmy Kimmel and Patton Oswalt.
"Funny People" centers on George Simmons, a stand up comedian and movie star who finds out that he's been diagnosed with a terminal, in-operable disease. Dealing with the shocking revelation, he then decides to hire an aspiring stand-up comedian, Ira Wright. Before long, he forms a close bond with Wright and learns that his disease has gone into remission. But, an old flame reenters his life, forcing him to reevaluate what is important to him and what truly gives meaning to his life. It is set to hit U.S. theaters next Friday, July 31.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London