Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri Split
After almost seven years of dating, Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri have called it quits, US Weekly exclusively reports. The music mogul's friends are quoted as telling people "it's over". A source chimes in, "They have been moving in different directions for a while."
Meanwhile, a mutual friend of Janet and Jermaine says, "You shouldn't mix business with pleasure. Janet felt their lives were too crossed and they should have kept things separate," when referring to Jermaine's contribution on her last two albums. The friend continues telling US Weekly, "Jermaine likes to be out there, mingling with everybody, and Janet's more shy."
Speculation that Janet and Jermaine are no longer a couple first emerged after he was a no-show at the memorial service held to remember the life and career of her late brother Michael Jackson back on July 7. At that time, a friend claimed Jermaine skipped the memorial because he "doesn't attend funerals."
Neither Janet nor Jermaine has addressed report of their separation. Their representatives also haven't commented on the matter just yet.
In the meantime, Janet reportedly has got back to work, filming drama-comedy "Why Did I Get Married Too?", which is the sequel to Tyler Perry's 2007 comedy hit "Why Did I Get Married?". In the flick she will reprise her role as Patricia. Beside acting, Janet is said to have taken care for Michael's three children; Prince Michael Jackson Jr., Prince Michael Jackson II, and Paris Michael Katherine Jackson.
More Janet Jackson News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart