Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil Granted Quickie Divorce
It's official, Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil, are no longer husband and wife in the eyes of the law as they have been granted a quickie divorce Thursday, July 16. A judge at Court Three of the High Court Family Division in London's Holborn area dissolved the pair's two-year marriage at a brief Family Court hearing which was attended by 25 other couples seeking for divorce. Neither Amy nor Blake attended the hearing though.
Amy and Blake had been dealing with a tumultuous relationship since they got married on May 18, 2007. Run in with the law and drugs are some of the factors that led to their separation. After the ups and downs, Blake filed for divorce from Amy earlier this year, citing infidelity. In his divorce papers, Blake said living with Amy was "intolerable."
Worse, Blake also accused Amy of "adultery." Asked to provide evidence of his accusation, Blake responded by saying in the court document, "The Respondent confessed the adultery to me in April 2008." Granted the latest ruling in their separation case, Amy and Blake's divorce will become final after six weeks and a day.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce