Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil Granted Quickie Divorce
It's official, Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil, are no longer husband and wife in the eyes of the law as they have been granted a quickie divorce Thursday, July 16. A judge at Court Three of the High Court Family Division in London's Holborn area dissolved the pair's two-year marriage at a brief Family Court hearing which was attended by 25 other couples seeking for divorce. Neither Amy nor Blake attended the hearing though.
Amy and Blake had been dealing with a tumultuous relationship since they got married on May 18, 2007. Run in with the law and drugs are some of the factors that led to their separation. After the ups and downs, Blake filed for divorce from Amy earlier this year, citing infidelity. In his divorce papers, Blake said living with Amy was "intolerable."
Worse, Blake also accused Amy of "adultery." Asked to provide evidence of his accusation, Blake responded by saying in the court document, "The Respondent confessed the adultery to me in April 2008." Granted the latest ruling in their separation case, Amy and Blake's divorce will become final after six weeks and a day.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour