Malia Obama Declines to Appear in 'Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?'
Despite rumor suggesting that Malia Obama will appear in TV show "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?", recent report claimed the oldest daughter of U.S. president Barack Obama has actually declined FOX's offer. "Malia politely declined the invitation as it interfered with her school schedule," so it was said.
Malia reportedly was FOX's "first choice" when the network decided on who will be recruited as one of the five "classmates" for the game's new episodes. Back in September 2008, a transcript, which was claimed to be obtained from the show, hit the web. It revealed Sarah Palin being its contestant and staged to choose Malia as her classmate for an episode of the game.
The next episode of "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" season 3 will be broadcast on July 17. The game, which takes a format based on grade-school level questions being asked to adults, is hosted by comedian/actor Jeff Foxworthy. So far, Kathy Cox, the Superintendent of Schools for the State of Georgia, is the only person to have walked home with the $1,000,000 prize in her pocket.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival