Confirmed, 'Bridget Jones 3' in Development
The bouncy girl with granny pants is back. The third movie based on the character created by Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones, is confirmed to be in development under Working Title Films.
Renee Zellweger will reprise the titular role who is now in her 40s. After her engagement to Mark in the second movie, Bridget is said struggling to have a baby before her biological clock ticks out. The story is likely derived from the short columns that Fielding wrote for British newspaper the Independent in 2005.
There is no official title or release date yet for Bridget Jones 3 because the production will not kick off until the end of next year. Variety reports that the project is still in "early stages".
Renee said back in 2007 that should she return for the third movie, then she will be ready to commit. "If it were to happen, then the least of my concerns would be putting the weight on again," she said. "I've said it before: I like it when I look a little more voluptuous."
The latest adventure of Bridget Jones was chronicled in a 2004 movie called "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason". Always searching for true love, Bridget said 'yes' when Mark asked her to marry him. The movie ended with Bridget getting the bouquet when her parents renewed their wedding vows.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates