Confirmed, 'Bridget Jones 3' in Development
The bouncy girl with granny pants is back. The third movie based on the character created by Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones, is confirmed to be in development under Working Title Films.
Renee Zellweger will reprise the titular role who is now in her 40s. After her engagement to Mark in the second movie, Bridget is said struggling to have a baby before her biological clock ticks out. The story is likely derived from the short columns that Fielding wrote for British newspaper the Independent in 2005.
There is no official title or release date yet for Bridget Jones 3 because the production will not kick off until the end of next year. Variety reports that the project is still in "early stages".
Renee said back in 2007 that should she return for the third movie, then she will be ready to commit. "If it were to happen, then the least of my concerns would be putting the weight on again," she said. "I've said it before: I like it when I look a little more voluptuous."
The latest adventure of Bridget Jones was chronicled in a 2004 movie called "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason". Always searching for true love, Bridget said 'yes' when Mark asked her to marry him. The movie ended with Bridget getting the bouquet when her parents renewed their wedding vows.
More Bridget Jones's Baby News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November