Disney Channel to Introduce the Next Miley Cyrus
After Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato, Disney Channel is ready to launch its latest tween star. Bridgit Mandler, the 16-year-old who has guest starred in several Disney shows like "J.O.N.A.S!" and "Wizards of Waverly Place", has been hired by the mouse house to be the lead cast of a new series called "Good Luck Charlie".
"We just fell in love with her," said Adam Bonnett, senior Vice President of original programming at Disney Channel. "She has all the attributes of a Disney star." Bridgit's cameo can next be seen in the four-part saga of "Wizards" that airs starting July 24. In the show, she is guest starring as a vampire girl named Julie.
The show is going to be part of Disney's program next year. Bridgit will play the role of Teddy Holliday who, together with her brothers must babysit their baby sister named Charlie while their parents go to work. According to THR, Teddy will create a video diary for Charlie, telling her about the adventure of the day and also advising her on what to do when she grows up.
"It felt like the right time to have a show with two parents, to debunk the myth that Disney never has the mom in the picture," Bonnett said. "Because it is a myth." Supporting as the parents are Leigh Allyn Baker and Eric Allan Kramer. Playing Teddy's brothers are Disney regular Jason Dolley and newcomer Bradley Perry.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video