Disney Channel to Introduce the Next Miley Cyrus
After Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato, Disney Channel is ready to launch its latest tween star. Bridgit Mandler, the 16-year-old who has guest starred in several Disney shows like "J.O.N.A.S!" and "Wizards of Waverly Place", has been hired by the mouse house to be the lead cast of a new series called "Good Luck Charlie".
"We just fell in love with her," said Adam Bonnett, senior Vice President of original programming at Disney Channel. "She has all the attributes of a Disney star." Bridgit's cameo can next be seen in the four-part saga of "Wizards" that airs starting July 24. In the show, she is guest starring as a vampire girl named Julie.
The show is going to be part of Disney's program next year. Bridgit will play the role of Teddy Holliday who, together with her brothers must babysit their baby sister named Charlie while their parents go to work. According to THR, Teddy will create a video diary for Charlie, telling her about the adventure of the day and also advising her on what to do when she grows up.
"It felt like the right time to have a show with two parents, to debunk the myth that Disney never has the mom in the picture," Bonnett said. "Because it is a myth." Supporting as the parents are Leigh Allyn Baker and Eric Allan Kramer. Playing Teddy's brothers are Disney regular Jason Dolley and newcomer Bradley Perry.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet