Disney Channel to Introduce the Next Miley Cyrus
After Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato, Disney Channel is ready to launch its latest tween star. Bridgit Mandler, the 16-year-old who has guest starred in several Disney shows like "J.O.N.A.S!" and "Wizards of Waverly Place", has been hired by the mouse house to be the lead cast of a new series called "Good Luck Charlie".
"We just fell in love with her," said Adam Bonnett, senior Vice President of original programming at Disney Channel. "She has all the attributes of a Disney star." Bridgit's cameo can next be seen in the four-part saga of "Wizards" that airs starting July 24. In the show, she is guest starring as a vampire girl named Julie.
The show is going to be part of Disney's program next year. Bridgit will play the role of Teddy Holliday who, together with her brothers must babysit their baby sister named Charlie while their parents go to work. According to THR, Teddy will create a video diary for Charlie, telling her about the adventure of the day and also advising her on what to do when she grows up.
"It felt like the right time to have a show with two parents, to debunk the myth that Disney never has the mom in the picture," Bonnett said. "Because it is a myth." Supporting as the parents are Leigh Allyn Baker and Eric Allan Kramer. Playing Teddy's brothers are Disney regular Jason Dolley and newcomer Bradley Perry.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie