Maura Tierney Confirms She Is About to Undergo Breast Tumor Surgery
Maura Tierney has publicly acknowledged that she has found a tumor in her breast and thus will undergo surgery to remove the disease. The confirmation came hot on the heels of weekend reports, announcing the postponement on the production of her TV series "Parenthood" as she was claimed undergoing medical evaluation for illness that wasn't disclosed.
"In an effort to guard my privacy, it seems that the wording of NBC's press release has unfortunately caused some confusion and undue alarm about my health," Maura said in a statement Monday, July 13. "I have discovered a tumor in my breast which requires surgery. I will not know either my exact diagnosis or course of treatment until that surgery is performed. My doctors have all assured me this is a very treatable condition."
Maura then added, "I'm very optimistic as to the outcome and want to thank everyone who has sent positive thoughts and support. I look forward to going back to work soon." Despite her public confirmation, Maura didn't give details on when and where she is going to undergo the surgery.
Last Friday, July 10, NBC announced the delay of "Parenthood" production. "Start of production on NBC Universal's new series 'Parenthood' has been postponed for eight weeks due to medical evaluation that valued cast member Maura Tierney is undergoing," the network confirmed. "The top priority for NBC, Universal Media Studios and Imagine Television is the well-being of Ms. Tierney. We are unable to release further details and ask that you respect her privacy at this time."
Due to such fact, NBC has decided to replace "Parenthood" with medical drama "Mercy" that stars actress Michelle Trachtenberg.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame