Comic Con 2009: Full Friday Schedule Announced
San Diego Comic Con International has followed up the announcement of Thursday, July 23, schedule for Comic Con 2009 with the unraveling of the Friday, July 24, programming. The full schedule for the second day uncovered a slate of movies to be presented, some of which include "Sherlock Holmes", "District 9", "Shorts" and "9".
Warner Bros. will be using the day to share a look at their forthcoming feature project. Taking over Hall H from 10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M., the studio is expected to tease on "Sherlock Holmes", "Where The Wild Things Are", "The Book of Eli", "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Box" and "Jonah Hex".
Another highlight of the day will be coming from Sony Pictures Entertainment. The studio will give out a first look at scenes from "District 9" with introduction from producer Peter Jackson. It will also hold a panel in which fans can ask questions to Jackson who will be accompanied by director Neill Blomkamp and star Sharlto Copley.
Held annually in San Diego, Comic Con 2009 will run from July 23 to 26 with a special preview night on July 22. While some of the Friday's schedule can be seen below, the complete line-up which includes TV series presentation, can be read at the official Comic Con 2009 site.
10:00 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.: Warner Bros. (Hall H)
- Join WB for a look at their much anticipated slate of upcoming genre films, including "Where The Wild Things Are", "The Book of Eli", "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Box", "Jonah Hex", and "Sherlock Holmes".
- Visionary director and screenwriter Henry Selick ("The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D") and Newbery Medal-winning author Neil Gaiman discuss the making of the LAIKA/Focus Features 2009 breakout animated hit film "Coraline".
- Other panelists include lead animator and LAIKA CEO/president Travis Knight, producer Bill Mechanic (CEO of Pandemonium and producer of "Dark Water" and "The New World"), character fabrication supervisor Georgina Hayns ("Corpse Bride"), and voice talent Keith David ("Crash" with IGN movies/DVD editor-in-chief Eric Moro as moderator.
- Panelists will offer an in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpse at how this astonishing and suspenseful adventure - the first stop-motion animated feature originally produced in stereoscopic 3D - was painstakingly brought to life.
- Walt Disney Pictures, Disney/Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios present a director panel with previously unseen footage from its upcoming animated slate, including "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" - Double Feature, "Beauty and the Beast", "Toy Story 3", "Prep & Landing", "The Princess and the Frog" and "Ponyo".
- Special guests include Lee Unkrich, Kirk Wise, Ron Clements, John Musker, and Hayao Miyazaki. John Lasseter hosts the panel, with Patton Oswalt moderating.
- Join famed director Robert Rodriguez ("Spy Kids") for a first look at his upcoming family film "Shorts", followed by Q&A.
- This panel gives a glimpse into the fundamental importance of illustration, as well as the seamless creativity between the key conceptual departments on favorite feature films and television productions.
- Moderator William David Hogan, director and storyboard artist ("The Orphan"), hosts costume illustrators from CDG, Local 892: Robin Richesson ("Iron Man"), Phillip Boutte, Jr. ("Jonah Hex"), Felipe Sanchez ("Green Hornet"), Christian Cordella ("G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra"), and Brain Valenzuela ("Star Trek"), as well as illustrators and artists from Local 800: Jeff Errico ("Burlesque"), Dawn Brown ("Star Trek"), Ricardo Delgado ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine"), and Josh Nizzi ("Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen").
- Focus Features and Comic-Con present an exclusive look inside director Shane Acker's animated fantasy epic "9", the feature-length expansion of his short film of the same name. Directors Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov are among the feature version's producers.
- Join Shane Acker, Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov, and actors Elijah Wood and Jennifer Connelly LIVE for this panel presentation!
- Appearing on stage for "Legion": Paul Bettany ("A Beautiful Mind", "The DaVinci Code"), Adrianne Palicki ("Friday Night Lights", "Supernatural"), Tyrese Gibson ("Transformers", "Death Race"), Doug Jones (Silver Surfer in "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and Abe Sapien in "Hellboy"), and director Scott Stewart (helming his first feature film after working on VFX for "Sin City", "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", and "Iron Man", among many others).
- Peter Jackson makes his eagerly and long-awaited first visit to Comic-Con to introduce you to the world of "District 9", which focuses on a world in which extraterrestrials have become refugees in South Africa. Please join Peter Jackson as he gives fans a first look at scenes from "District 9" and takes your questions along with director Neill Blomkamp and star Sharlto Copley.
- This look at the whole spectrum of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (from comics to toys to TV to movies to video games) celebrates the 25th anniversary of the world-famous brand. Moderator Gary Richardson (CEO, Mirage Studios) discusses the evolution of the Turtles with those people instrumental in the characters' incredible success.
- Panelists include Kevin Eastman (co-creator of "TMNT"), Lloyd Goldfine (supervising producer, 4Kids Productions), Steve Barron (director of the original TMNT movie), Karl Aaronian (senior VP of marketing, Giochi Preziosi U.S.A.), Matt Leunig (associate producer, Ubisoft), and Galen Walker (producer of new TMNT movie slated for 2011).
- Get all the latest news from the Star Wars universe - including some of Lucasfilm's most tightly guarded secrets - in an all-new show format!
- Special guest hosts G4's Olivia Munn and Kevin Pereira grill a galaxy of guests from The Clone Wars and beyond, including supervising director Dave Filoni, plus voice talent from the show and more!
- See a live table-read of an exclusive new Clone Wars script - leading directly into the series' second season! Find out about the worldwide Star Wars Concert Tour, the latest Star Wars games from LucasArts, upcoming DVD (and Blu-ray!) releases and more! And become a part of Star Wars history with your own Saga stories and movie memories! It's an all-new, interactive Star Wars Spectacular!
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women