'Blade' Prequel Could Focus on Deacon Frost
The prequel to "Blade: Trinity" is in the works, director Stephen Norrington has confirmed to Comics2Film at Mania. It was reported that the director of original 1998 "Blade" movie has planned the prequel to feature the character of Deacon Frost, who was played by Stephen Dorff in the first film.
The idea to make Blade's villain Frost as the center of the prequel was first stated by Dorff in an interview with Sunday Mail in late 2008. He claimed at that time, "It will be a prequel to the Blade movies, Deacon's story. It's a new trilogy the director has created. It will [be] cool."
Confirming Dorff's statement, Norrington recently admitted that he is planning a return to the "Blade" franchise after finishing his work of "The Crow" remake. He also has chosen Dorff as the leading man in the prequel. However, he stated the project isn't exactly like what Dorff described, but close to it.
Norrington gave credits to Dorff who came up with the idea for the new project, which "has evolved into a very interesting story." With the thought that evolution may have carried story away from the source material, the director said "the linkage to 'Blade' is still big in the equation."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture