'Blade' Prequel Could Focus on Deacon Frost
The prequel to "Blade: Trinity" is in the works, director Stephen Norrington has confirmed to Comics2Film at Mania. It was reported that the director of original 1998 "Blade" movie has planned the prequel to feature the character of Deacon Frost, who was played by Stephen Dorff in the first film.
The idea to make Blade's villain Frost as the center of the prequel was first stated by Dorff in an interview with Sunday Mail in late 2008. He claimed at that time, "It will be a prequel to the Blade movies, Deacon's story. It's a new trilogy the director has created. It will [be] cool."
Confirming Dorff's statement, Norrington recently admitted that he is planning a return to the "Blade" franchise after finishing his work of "The Crow" remake. He also has chosen Dorff as the leading man in the prequel. However, he stated the project isn't exactly like what Dorff described, but close to it.
Norrington gave credits to Dorff who came up with the idea for the new project, which "has evolved into a very interesting story." With the thought that evolution may have carried story away from the source material, the director said "the linkage to 'Blade' is still big in the equation."
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'