'Blade' Prequel Could Focus on Deacon Frost
The prequel to "Blade: Trinity" is in the works, director Stephen Norrington has confirmed to Comics2Film at Mania. It was reported that the director of original 1998 "Blade" movie has planned the prequel to feature the character of Deacon Frost, who was played by Stephen Dorff in the first film.
The idea to make Blade's villain Frost as the center of the prequel was first stated by Dorff in an interview with Sunday Mail in late 2008. He claimed at that time, "It will be a prequel to the Blade movies, Deacon's story. It's a new trilogy the director has created. It will [be] cool."
Confirming Dorff's statement, Norrington recently admitted that he is planning a return to the "Blade" franchise after finishing his work of "The Crow" remake. He also has chosen Dorff as the leading man in the prequel. However, he stated the project isn't exactly like what Dorff described, but close to it.
Norrington gave credits to Dorff who came up with the idea for the new project, which "has evolved into a very interesting story." With the thought that evolution may have carried story away from the source material, the director said "the linkage to 'Blade' is still big in the equation."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism