'Blade' Prequel Could Focus on Deacon Frost
The prequel to "Blade: Trinity" is in the works, director Stephen Norrington has confirmed to Comics2Film at Mania. It was reported that the director of original 1998 "Blade" movie has planned the prequel to feature the character of Deacon Frost, who was played by Stephen Dorff in the first film.
The idea to make Blade's villain Frost as the center of the prequel was first stated by Dorff in an interview with Sunday Mail in late 2008. He claimed at that time, "It will be a prequel to the Blade movies, Deacon's story. It's a new trilogy the director has created. It will [be] cool."
Confirming Dorff's statement, Norrington recently admitted that he is planning a return to the "Blade" franchise after finishing his work of "The Crow" remake. He also has chosen Dorff as the leading man in the prequel. However, he stated the project isn't exactly like what Dorff described, but close to it.
Norrington gave credits to Dorff who came up with the idea for the new project, which "has evolved into a very interesting story." With the thought that evolution may have carried story away from the source material, the director said "the linkage to 'Blade' is still big in the equation."
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'