'Blade' Prequel Could Focus on Deacon Frost
The prequel to "Blade: Trinity" is in the works, director Stephen Norrington has confirmed to Comics2Film at Mania. It was reported that the director of original 1998 "Blade" movie has planned the prequel to feature the character of Deacon Frost, who was played by Stephen Dorff in the first film.
The idea to make Blade's villain Frost as the center of the prequel was first stated by Dorff in an interview with Sunday Mail in late 2008. He claimed at that time, "It will be a prequel to the Blade movies, Deacon's story. It's a new trilogy the director has created. It will [be] cool."
Confirming Dorff's statement, Norrington recently admitted that he is planning a return to the "Blade" franchise after finishing his work of "The Crow" remake. He also has chosen Dorff as the leading man in the prequel. However, he stated the project isn't exactly like what Dorff described, but close to it.
Norrington gave credits to Dorff who came up with the idea for the new project, which "has evolved into a very interesting story." With the thought that evolution may have carried story away from the source material, the director said "the linkage to 'Blade' is still big in the equation."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding