Video: Madonna Pays Tribute to Michael Jackson at Her London Concert
As it has been reported before, Madonna paid tribute to fellow music performer Michael Jackson Saturday night, July 4 during her show at London's O2 arena, where the late singer was scheduled to stage 50-date concerts beginning later this month. Halfway through her set, Madonna stopped performing and asked one of her dancers, identified as Kento, to come on stage to perform Michael's trademark dance moves.
Impersonating Michael, Kento made his way across the stage, wearing fedora, fitted slacks, white socks, white glove and penny loafers which were identical with the ones worn by the King of Pop on his performances. Greater than that, Kento also mimicked Michael's spinning, gyrating and moonwalking. A childhood photo of Michael was featured on the giant screen above the stage when Kento did the impersonation.
Madonna was seen clapping her hands above her head and moving her body from side to side when a number of Michael's hit songs, including "Billie Jean" and "Wanna Be Startin' Something," were played during the show. She then told the concertgoers, "Let's give it up for one of the greatest artists the world has ever known. Michael Jackson."
At the end of her show, Madonna honored Michael by wearing a black armband and a single white glove as Michael's single, "Man in the Mirror," was flashed on the screen behind her.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard