Rep Confirms 'Harry Potter' Star Rupert Grint Recovering From Swine Flu
Rupert Grint, the young actor who stars as Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" films, has contracted swine flu, which forces him to take some time off from the filming of the movie's next installment "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", which is currently shooting in Britain. His publicist has confirmed the matter, adding that Rupert has been recovering and is ready to attend the London premiere of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" scheduled for Tuesday, July 7.
"It has just been confirmed that Rupert Grint has taken a few days out of filming due to a mild bout of swine flu," the publicist said Saturday, July 4. "He has now recovered and is looking forward to joining his fellow cast members at the junket and premieres this week and will then return to filming directly afterwards."
The publicist, moreover, confirmed that Rupert's doctor has determined the actor is not contagious, adding the filming of "Deathly Hallows" was not disrupted by Rupert's absence. No words on the reaction of Rupert's "Harry Potter" co-stars regarding his condition. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" itself, in the meantime, will be hitting U.S. theaters on July 15.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?