Rep Confirms 'Harry Potter' Star Rupert Grint Recovering From Swine Flu
Rupert Grint, the young actor who stars as Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" films, has contracted swine flu, which forces him to take some time off from the filming of the movie's next installment "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", which is currently shooting in Britain. His publicist has confirmed the matter, adding that Rupert has been recovering and is ready to attend the London premiere of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" scheduled for Tuesday, July 7.
"It has just been confirmed that Rupert Grint has taken a few days out of filming due to a mild bout of swine flu," the publicist said Saturday, July 4. "He has now recovered and is looking forward to joining his fellow cast members at the junket and premieres this week and will then return to filming directly afterwards."
The publicist, moreover, confirmed that Rupert's doctor has determined the actor is not contagious, adding the filming of "Deathly Hallows" was not disrupted by Rupert's absence. No words on the reaction of Rupert's "Harry Potter" co-stars regarding his condition. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" itself, in the meantime, will be hitting U.S. theaters on July 15.
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online
- More Than 90 People Hospitalized During Chance the Rapper's Connecticut Show
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic