Rep Confirms 'Harry Potter' Star Rupert Grint Recovering From Swine Flu
Rupert Grint, the young actor who stars as Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" films, has contracted swine flu, which forces him to take some time off from the filming of the movie's next installment "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", which is currently shooting in Britain. His publicist has confirmed the matter, adding that Rupert has been recovering and is ready to attend the London premiere of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" scheduled for Tuesday, July 7.
"It has just been confirmed that Rupert Grint has taken a few days out of filming due to a mild bout of swine flu," the publicist said Saturday, July 4. "He has now recovered and is looking forward to joining his fellow cast members at the junket and premieres this week and will then return to filming directly afterwards."
The publicist, moreover, confirmed that Rupert's doctor has determined the actor is not contagious, adding the filming of "Deathly Hallows" was not disrupted by Rupert's absence. No words on the reaction of Rupert's "Harry Potter" co-stars regarding his condition. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" itself, in the meantime, will be hitting U.S. theaters on July 15.
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake