Rep Confirms 'Harry Potter' Star Rupert Grint Recovering From Swine Flu
Rupert Grint, the young actor who stars as Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" films, has contracted swine flu, which forces him to take some time off from the filming of the movie's next installment "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", which is currently shooting in Britain. His publicist has confirmed the matter, adding that Rupert has been recovering and is ready to attend the London premiere of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" scheduled for Tuesday, July 7.
"It has just been confirmed that Rupert Grint has taken a few days out of filming due to a mild bout of swine flu," the publicist said Saturday, July 4. "He has now recovered and is looking forward to joining his fellow cast members at the junket and premieres this week and will then return to filming directly afterwards."
The publicist, moreover, confirmed that Rupert's doctor has determined the actor is not contagious, adding the filming of "Deathly Hallows" was not disrupted by Rupert's absence. No words on the reaction of Rupert's "Harry Potter" co-stars regarding his condition. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" itself, in the meantime, will be hitting U.S. theaters on July 15.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers