Deadpool Will Break the Fourth Wall in Film
Ryan Reynolds has revealed that he will carry Deadpool's habit of breaking the fourth wall from the comics to the big screen. Being interviewed during the promotion of his latest film "The Proposal", he hinted that his character in "Deadpool" movie will occasionally be seen addressing the audience directly. "Break the fourth wall? Oh yeah, he's got to. I want to see him break the Great Wall," Reynolds told Empire.
Reynolds who portrayed the character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" also informed 20th Century Fox has been working on a script and trying to find a director. The actor also claimed that he and the studio were working to make "Deadpool" as close as possible to the comic version, stating "The main goal is to make sure it stays close to the source material."
Asked if he feels under pressure from fanboys of the comics, Reynolds answered, "I'm one of them. I've always been a fan, at least for the last eight or nine years. I feel a bit of validation because I knew going into Wolverine that there's a huge fanbase for this and I don't think anyone else did."
"Deadpool" is a spin-off of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in which the character made his first appearance. The project will be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Reynolds will reprise his role in "Deadpool".
More Deadpool News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors