Stan Lee May Make an Appearance in 'Venom'
Stan Lee, former president and chairman of Marvel, may make a cameo appearance in "Venom (2010)" movie. The news has been confirmed by screenwriters Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese who stated that they have already written a character for the superhero's creator.
"Oh, yeah. Stan Lee is in it," Reese told SuperheroHype when he was asked about the possibility of Lee making appearance in the "Spider-Man 3" spin-off. He added, "I feel like that's the one thing we can say. He does appear in our script, and we're very specific about where he is and why." Reese even hinted a possibility that Lee may appear in several other movies based on Marvel comics, saying "May he live forever. Let's hope he's in many movies to come."
Back in April, Reese and Wernick admitted that they were very interested in writing the script of this film when they were met at the set of Sony's upcoming horror comedy "Zombieland". "Venom is something that we're very fired up to be writing," Reese said, before adding "We have turned in a draft and are waiting to hear back, so it's early in the process. But it's a thrill to be writing 'Venom' for obvious reasons."
"Venom" is another movie which is based on Marvel comics' character. The title character Venom has appeared as a villain in "Spider-Man 3" and was portrayed by Topher Grace. There is still no official announcement about the actors that will star in the action film or whether Grace will reprise his role or not. It eyes a 2010 release.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed