Kristen Bell Describes Her 'Astro Boy' Character
In the big screen version of Osamu Tesuka's manga, Astro Boy will apparently get one sassy friend. Kristen Bell, the actress who fills the voice of the sassy friend, brings the matter into public attention when discussing with Sci Fi Wire about her animated character in 3-D animated movie "Astro Boy".
"I play Cora, who is a girl who befriends Astro when he comes down from Metro City onto the surface of Earth," 28-year-old Bell revealed. The actress, who confessed of having no idea about the manga until she worked on the project, moreover described her character, saying "She runs a little kind of like Peter Pan group of kids. She's pretty tough, pretty sassy."
Beside talking about her character, the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actress also shared on her experience recording the voice of Cora. "Sometimes when another character comes in and records and they like something they've done, you have to match it or be at a comparable state of mind in the scene, because you don't record with other people," she said. "Overall, it was a really easy, fun process."
"Astro Boy" is set in futuristic Metro City and tells the story of a young robot with incredible powers. He is created by a brilliant scientist to replace the son he has lost, but when the scientist finds out the robot couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends Astro Boy away. Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance where he experiences betrayal and gets into a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he finally returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the scientist.
An adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga, the animation movie comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voices of Nicolas Cage, Donald Sutherland and Freddie Highmore among many others. Summit Entertainment will distribute this movie in U.S. theaters on October 23.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7