Michael Jackson's Funeral Reportedly Set for July 7
New report has just surfaced by the hour that funeral for Michael Jackson is planned to be held next Tuesday, July 7 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The Hollywood Reporter which breaks the news claims in a report on its site that the affair will be kicked off at 10 A.M.
And though there has been no official confirmation just yet from Michael's camp, sources say AEG Live, which owns the Staples Center and the adjacent Nokia Theatre, will use both facilities and the surrounding plaza for the memorial service. Greater than that, gigantic screens will be placed outside the location in order to enable fans who can't get inside the venue to follow the funeral. Details on how ticketing will be handled also haven't been disclosed.
Michael Jackson has been dominating media headlines ever since he was pronounced dead on June 25 after suffering from cardiac arrest. The Staples Center is the venue where Michael spent his final night, rehearsing for his upcoming London concerts, right up until midnight on June 24.
More Michael Jackson News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order