Michael Jackson's Funeral Reportedly Set for July 7
New report has just surfaced by the hour that funeral for Michael Jackson is planned to be held next Tuesday, July 7 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The Hollywood Reporter which breaks the news claims in a report on its site that the affair will be kicked off at 10 A.M.
And though there has been no official confirmation just yet from Michael's camp, sources say AEG Live, which owns the Staples Center and the adjacent Nokia Theatre, will use both facilities and the surrounding plaza for the memorial service. Greater than that, gigantic screens will be placed outside the location in order to enable fans who can't get inside the venue to follow the funeral. Details on how ticketing will be handled also haven't been disclosed.
Michael Jackson has been dominating media headlines ever since he was pronounced dead on June 25 after suffering from cardiac arrest. The Staples Center is the venue where Michael spent his final night, rehearsing for his upcoming London concerts, right up until midnight on June 24.
More Michael Jackson News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story