Robert Pattinson's Edward Appears as Hallucination in 'New Moon'
With "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" falling into its post-production, little details about the upcoming sequel of "Twilight" start to unravel, and apparently actor Michael Welch has more to be shared. After bringing up into the open that the three-way date between Jacob and Bella and Mike will be seen in "New Moon", the 21-year-old reveals how the filmmakers bring Edward back despite the fact that he is largely absent in the novel.
"They figured out a very clever way to get Edward back in the film much more than he is in the book," he unveiled director Chris Weitz and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg's plan to include the fleeing vampire in the movie. "It's more of, like, a hallucination kind of thing." Elaborating more, he said, "In the book, she just hears his voice. In the film, it's more of like a hallucination kind of thing. He will be [in the movie more than the book] for sure."
Another scoop exposed by the actor who plays Mike Newton in the series was the insertion of a mini movie inside "New Moon" by Weitz in the scene that has Bella, Mike and Jacob watching a horror film at a movie theater. "The film is called 'Face Punch'," he shared before adding that it won't be a horror movie, but rather "an action film".
Recalling on how they came up with the title, Welch said, "We started out with a few other comical names, but it turned out those were actual films so we couldn't use those titles. I forget the first few titles, but it was like 'Crazy Explosion' - and it turns out, there actually was a 'Crazy Explosion'." He also expressed hopes Weitz will shoot it for real, saying "That'd be interesting - maybe for the DVD, if there's a Face Punch trailer. That's not actually a bad idea."
A sequel to highly-popular movie "Twilight", "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" is based on the second book by Stephenie Meyer and will hit the U.S. theaters on November 20. This time, Edward will leave Bella abruptly, leaving her unguarded from outside threat. While devastated, Bella is comforted by her growing friendship with Jacob Black. Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner reprise their roles as Edward, Bella and Jacob.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?