Behind-the-Scenes of Mariah Carey's 'Obsessed' Music Video
After being previewed through a bunch of on-set pictures, Mariah Carey's forthcoming music video for her new single "Obsessed" is now made available for sneak peek through its behind-the-scenes footage. The footage mainly sees Mariah dressing up as a man in a gray hoody and in a bellboy uniform.
Mariah filmed the video at New York City's Plaza Hotel over the weekend. In this video, she will play two characters, a female celebrity and a male stalker. The guy she portrays reportedly represents Eminem who recently mocked her in a song titled "Bagpipes From Baghdad".
"Obsessed" is the first single taken from Mariah Carey's upcoming studio effort "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" which is set for August 25 U.S. release. With the song containing lyrics "Why are you so obsessed with me/ Boy I wanna know/ Lying that you're sexing me/ When everybody knows/ It's clear that you're upset with me," Mariah is rumored trying to fire back at Eminem.
However, Mariah's husband Nick Cannon denied the speculation. He told MTV, "I don't think that she would take her time. My wife doesn't beef. She's Mariah Carey. She's not beefin', she's a vegetarian."
In further explanation, Nick said the track is actually inspired by Lindsay Lohan's movie "Mean Girls". He explained, "People keep saying ['Obsessed'] was directed at certain people. To be completely honest, she did the record 'cause she's a huge fan of this movie 'Mean Girls' and there's a line in the movie where one of the girls is like, 'Why are you so obsessed with me?' She says that at the beginning of the song, and that's where the concept came from. But you know, art imitates life."
"I always say I thought the record was about me, 'cause I'm obsessed with my wife," Nick continued. "But if somebody's out there and you feel like you might have been obsessed, then the record's about you."
Behind-the-scenes of Mariah Carey's "Obsessed" music video:
More Mariah Carey News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says