Jay-Z Confirms Signing Roc Nation Deal With Sony
Around a month after being rumored hitting negotiation room with Sony Music Entertainment, Jay-Z finally confirms he indeed has inked a deal with the giant recording company. "Sony is Roc Nation. That's where Roc Nation's going through," the rapper told Billboard.
When asked about a distribution deal he recently secured for his upcoming studio album "Blueprint 3" with Atlantic Records, Jay-Z clarifies that it is just a one-off deal. "That's pretty much just for this specific album. Roc Nation -- we're experts in marketing and making records. But we do distribution deals," he explained. "On this one, we're working directly with the Atlantic staff, which is Julie [Greenwald], Lyor [Cohen], Kevin [Liles] and Kyse [Mike Kyser]. For the rest of the Roc Nation artists, we did a distribution deal with Sony."
Jay-Z's new album is slated for September 11 U.S. release reportedly to celebrate the 8th anniversary of Blueprint album series' first installment, "The Blueprint". Its first single, "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)", was released last month with a music video for the track being debuted at 2009 BET Awards on June 28.
More Jay-Z News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie