Jay-Z Confirms Signing Roc Nation Deal With Sony
Around a month after being rumored hitting negotiation room with Sony Music Entertainment, Jay-Z finally confirms he indeed has inked a deal with the giant recording company. "Sony is Roc Nation. That's where Roc Nation's going through," the rapper told Billboard.
When asked about a distribution deal he recently secured for his upcoming studio album "Blueprint 3" with Atlantic Records, Jay-Z clarifies that it is just a one-off deal. "That's pretty much just for this specific album. Roc Nation -- we're experts in marketing and making records. But we do distribution deals," he explained. "On this one, we're working directly with the Atlantic staff, which is Julie [Greenwald], Lyor [Cohen], Kevin [Liles] and Kyse [Mike Kyser]. For the rest of the Roc Nation artists, we did a distribution deal with Sony."
Jay-Z's new album is slated for September 11 U.S. release reportedly to celebrate the 8th anniversary of Blueprint album series' first installment, "The Blueprint". Its first single, "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)", was released last month with a music video for the track being debuted at 2009 BET Awards on June 28.
More Jay-Z News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival