Jay-Z Confirms Signing Roc Nation Deal With Sony
Around a month after being rumored hitting negotiation room with Sony Music Entertainment, Jay-Z finally confirms he indeed has inked a deal with the giant recording company. "Sony is Roc Nation. That's where Roc Nation's going through," the rapper told Billboard.
When asked about a distribution deal he recently secured for his upcoming studio album "Blueprint 3" with Atlantic Records, Jay-Z clarifies that it is just a one-off deal. "That's pretty much just for this specific album. Roc Nation -- we're experts in marketing and making records. But we do distribution deals," he explained. "On this one, we're working directly with the Atlantic staff, which is Julie [Greenwald], Lyor [Cohen], Kevin [Liles] and Kyse [Mike Kyser]. For the rest of the Roc Nation artists, we did a distribution deal with Sony."
Jay-Z's new album is slated for September 11 U.S. release reportedly to celebrate the 8th anniversary of Blueprint album series' first installment, "The Blueprint". Its first single, "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)", was released last month with a music video for the track being debuted at 2009 BET Awards on June 28.
More Jay-Z News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics