Jay-Z Confirms Signing Roc Nation Deal With Sony
Around a month after being rumored hitting negotiation room with Sony Music Entertainment, Jay-Z finally confirms he indeed has inked a deal with the giant recording company. "Sony is Roc Nation. That's where Roc Nation's going through," the rapper told Billboard.
When asked about a distribution deal he recently secured for his upcoming studio album "Blueprint 3" with Atlantic Records, Jay-Z clarifies that it is just a one-off deal. "That's pretty much just for this specific album. Roc Nation -- we're experts in marketing and making records. But we do distribution deals," he explained. "On this one, we're working directly with the Atlantic staff, which is Julie [Greenwald], Lyor [Cohen], Kevin [Liles] and Kyse [Mike Kyser]. For the rest of the Roc Nation artists, we did a distribution deal with Sony."
Jay-Z's new album is slated for September 11 U.S. release reportedly to celebrate the 8th anniversary of Blueprint album series' first installment, "The Blueprint". Its first single, "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)", was released last month with a music video for the track being debuted at 2009 BET Awards on June 28.
More Jay-Z News
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'