'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' Gets Big Screen Treatment
A movie version of "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is in the work. The Hollywood Reporter came up with the story that Columbia Pictures have set their eyes to develop the big screen version of the action-adventure video game by setting "Kane & Lynch" and "Hitman 2" screenwriter Kyle Ward to pen the adaptation.
While Ward will be responsible for the screenplay, Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner are serving as the project's producers. No director has been appointed just yet nor have any names in relation to the position been thrown in. Words on possible lead actor are not disclosed as well.
"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" follows fortune hunter Nathan Drake, who is a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake. Believing he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue, he embarks on a journey to find it. The search becomes competitive and dangerous when a rival hunter joins the fray and mutated creatures begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting