'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' Gets Big Screen Treatment
A movie version of "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" is in the work. The Hollywood Reporter came up with the story that Columbia Pictures have set their eyes to develop the big screen version of the action-adventure video game by setting "Kane & Lynch" and "Hitman 2" screenwriter Kyle Ward to pen the adaptation.
While Ward will be responsible for the screenplay, Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner are serving as the project's producers. No director has been appointed just yet nor have any names in relation to the position been thrown in. Words on possible lead actor are not disclosed as well.
"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" follows fortune hunter Nathan Drake, who is a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake. Believing he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue, he embarks on a journey to find it. The search becomes competitive and dangerous when a rival hunter joins the fray and mutated creatures begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna