Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer
Farrah Fawcett has lost her battle against anal cancer. The actress passed away on Thursday, June 25 at 9:28 A.M. PST at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. where she'd been treated for more than two weeks due to complications for the particular disease. She was 62.
News of Farrah's death came hot on the heels of earlier reports that her health was worsening. She was said to have been transported to the intensive care unit of the facility. Her longtime partner, Ryan O'Neal, friend and hairdresser of 18 years, Mela Murphy, and actress friend Alana Stewart were all by her side when she passed away, it has been reported.
"She's gone. She now belongs to the ages," Ryan was quoted by People as confirming Farrah's death, adding that the late actress received the last rites of the Catholic Church. "She's now with her mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how very much I loved her. She's in a better place now." Ryan then continued, "She was with her team when she passed ... Her eyes were open, but she didn't say anything. But you could see in her eyes that she recognized us."
A funeral service reportedly has been planned to be held at a Catholic cathedral in Los Angeles in the next few days. No further details have been made available for the plan though.
Farrah Fawcett, who is best known for her role as Jill Munroe on TV Series "Charlie's Angels", was first diagnosed with anal cancer back in 2006. After undergoing chemotherapy and radiation, doctors pronounced in early 2007 that she was cancer free. Unfortunately, the disease returned in May 2007. In these past few months, Farrah had been in and out of the hospital to receive intensive treatment.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift