Laurie Explains 'She's Got the Look' Strip Off Scene
The model contestant participating in the second season of "She's Got the Look", Laurie, has revealed her reason for stripping off in front of the judging panel and national television. The 42-year-old model said in the video blog that she prayed to God who then told her to be "transparent".
On June 18 episode of the show, Laurie begged to be one of the two contestants eliminated that night. To reach her goal, she showed the judges how vulnerable she can be and then took off her top. Guest judge Rachel Hunter said it was the most bizarre thing that she had ever experienced.
Apparently it was planned by Laurie since the morning of the elimination day. "I woke up that morning and I told the girls, 'I'm going out in my work out gear, no make up, this is who I am, this is what I do everyday and I'm gonna take my top off and be transparent'," she revealed.
Being more specific about her behavior, Laurie continued "Because no matter how many times I went before the judges, they would always criticize, 'Laurie you're not vulnerable'. But vulnerability is a human condition and I'm surrendered to God. I'm vulnerable to God and God's judgment, but I'm not vulnerable to mortal judgment."
She went on taking a jab at the show's host Kim Alexis. "I don't care what you think Kim. I think you're hypocrite Kim. ... You're 65 pounds off your ideal weight. I think your a hypocrite of a model because you're critical of other women." She has a suggestion for Alexis, saying "I've lived my truth and the idea of truth is to empower people to feel beautiful about themselves."
Laurie believed that the judges didn't want to let her go but the girls who thought she was crazy did. And the taking-my-top-off was the only way she could think of in order to be let go by the judges.
"She's Got the Look", a modeling competition for 35 years old and above airs on TV Land every Thursdays at 9/8c.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour