'Curious Case' Director to Join Facebook Movie Project
David Fincher, the director of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", circles around a new movie project "The Social Network". Entertainment Weekly reported that the Oscar-nominated filmmaker is currently in advanced negotiation with Columbia Pictures to direct the movie about the founders of the popular social networking site Facebook.
If the talks went well, 46-year-old Fincher is likely to get behind the lens the end of the year. For the project, he will bring up to the big screen the script written by "Charlie Wilson's War" scribe Aaron Sorkin that centers on the drama behind the Harvard dorm room creation of the popular social networking site by Mark Zuckerberg and his roommates.
A feature and music video director, David Fincher is known for his dark and stylish movies, such as "Seven", "Fight Club", "Zodiac" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". The latest film has given him his first Academy Award-nomination for Best Director. Beside up for "The Social Network", Fincher is also attached to direct "The Goon" and "Heavy Metal" among several other future projects.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding