'Curious Case' Director to Join Facebook Movie Project
David Fincher, the director of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", circles around a new movie project "The Social Network". Entertainment Weekly reported that the Oscar-nominated filmmaker is currently in advanced negotiation with Columbia Pictures to direct the movie about the founders of the popular social networking site Facebook.
If the talks went well, 46-year-old Fincher is likely to get behind the lens the end of the year. For the project, he will bring up to the big screen the script written by "Charlie Wilson's War" scribe Aaron Sorkin that centers on the drama behind the Harvard dorm room creation of the popular social networking site by Mark Zuckerberg and his roommates.
A feature and music video director, David Fincher is known for his dark and stylish movies, such as "Seven", "Fight Club", "Zodiac" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". The latest film has given him his first Academy Award-nomination for Best Director. Beside up for "The Social Network", Fincher is also attached to direct "The Goon" and "Heavy Metal" among several other future projects.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story