'Curious Case' Director to Join Facebook Movie Project
David Fincher, the director of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", circles around a new movie project "The Social Network". Entertainment Weekly reported that the Oscar-nominated filmmaker is currently in advanced negotiation with Columbia Pictures to direct the movie about the founders of the popular social networking site Facebook.
If the talks went well, 46-year-old Fincher is likely to get behind the lens the end of the year. For the project, he will bring up to the big screen the script written by "Charlie Wilson's War" scribe Aaron Sorkin that centers on the drama behind the Harvard dorm room creation of the popular social networking site by Mark Zuckerberg and his roommates.
A feature and music video director, David Fincher is known for his dark and stylish movies, such as "Seven", "Fight Club", "Zodiac" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". The latest film has given him his first Academy Award-nomination for Best Director. Beside up for "The Social Network", Fincher is also attached to direct "The Goon" and "Heavy Metal" among several other future projects.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie