Zac Efron to Star in New 'Sexy Thriller' Project
Zac Efron will take a part in a new thriller project for Mandate Pictures. According to Hollywood Reporter, the 21-year-old heartthrob has reached a final deal to star in the untitled sexy thriller project.
Beside starring in the flick, the "17 Again" lead actor will also act as its executive producer along with Nathan Kahane. The deal obviously marks the evolution of Efron from a teen actor of the "High School Musical" series to a more mature actor.
Leslie Dixon, a veteran writer who worked together with Efron on "Hairspray", is appointed to be the screenwriter of the thriller. Then, Greg Shapiro, who previously worked on "The Hurt Locker", will produce the film alongside Jason Barrett, the producer of "17 Again", and Dixon. However, no director is on board to work on the movie.
Zac Efron is famous for his role as Troy Bolton on "High School Musical". He last played the character in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". Beside "HSM" series, he also has been seen starring in several other movies, including "Hairspray" and "17 Again". His latest film project entitled "Me and Orson Welles" is set to be released this year.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes